lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

SelfSame - Melissa Conway This review can also be found on my blog.

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Getting this book for free has not affected my opinion on this book.

When I first saw the cover of this book, I thought that I wouldn’t stop to read the description at all if I’d seen the cover first, but I’m glad I read the description on “Shut Up & Read“ (a goodreads group) first and got the chance to read this amazing book. While I didn’t enjoy “The Heart’s Discovery“ that much, it was a totally different case with this one. Not a dull moment during the whole book!

I liked both – Sorcha and Enid – they were strong, compassionate, brilliant and funny. I loved how Enid helped everyone and how she did everything in her power to take advantage of her knowledge she’d obtained while living as Sorcha. Sorcha was pretty cool, too, and I really, really liked them both.

What’s more, I liked Ben and I thought that Jonathan was pretty amazing, too. Once again it shows that love interests do not need to be some bad-ass-soul-searchers-waiting-to-be-saved kind of guys (who, don’t get me wrong, I love, but they get tiresome after awhile), they can be sweet, protecting, honorable instead.

Moreover, the plot was not stretched to its limits or over the limit. It was action-packed spiced up with some very sweet romance. The writing style was great and ugh.. I don’t think I can say anything bad about this book even if I tried. Okay, I have something: I really, really hate the cover, but what can you do? She's a self-published author, so let's look pass this horrible cover.

I cannot say anything about the plot, otherwise I’ll just give everything away (I mean, it felt like even the little things in this book held a big meaning in themselves) and there wouldn’t be any point in reading this book then. What I can say is that I absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend this book since I really liked it! Do not let the cover fool you, it certainly isn’t anything that would capture my attention at first sight, but what’s really important is what’s inside the book and it was great!