lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3) - Abbi Glines This review can also be found on my blog.

I've read all thee novels from the Sea Breeze series and I've truly enjoyed them all. They aren't literary masterpieces, by any means, but the characters with their complicated and entertaining storylines are a blast to read about and there would be no one better to hang out with after a lousy day than Cage York and his friends. All of these characters have their own problems to deal with and whether it's about relationships, family life or something else, they keep fighting for their dreams and try to make the better out of the sticky situations they've caught themselves in. If you have read the first two and enjoyed them, you'll probably devour this book. I did. In one sitting. It was that good! Cage is one of my favorite people from this series and While it Lasts is his story.

“I understood that pain was real and sometimes things didn't last. Sometimes you just had to enjoy it while it lasts and cherish it when it's gone.”

The book starts off on a heartbreaking note with a goodbye letter and this already was enough to bring tears to my eyes. Okay, I don't want this review to be depressing, so moving on to better things.. Perhaps, Cage freaking York? If you've read Because of Low, you know that if you were to open a dictionary, Cage's picture would be behind the term "ladies man" among Travis Maddox and Kellan Kyle's. He's like 'the man' in guys' world. But there's more to him: he can be the most protective, honorable and sweetest man on Earth whenever he wants to and we saw that side of him with Willow. Well, ladies, prepare youselves, because C. York is about to rock your world in every way possible.

Even though I liked all three novels, this was by far the best out of them. One minute you're crying you eyes out, the next you're almost rolling on the floor, because you just can't brigng yourself to stop laughing. It was a lot steamier, emotional and funnier than the previous two. And it's probably targeted to a more mature audience than Breathe and Because of Low.

The best part of Abbi's books is that they start slow. I don't mind instalove, but romance in real world usually doesn't grow as fast as in some of the books I've read. It takes time to build trust and feelings. It's how it usually works and it's how Abbi writes these stories. Trust isn't something that can happen overnight and Cage has to work really hard to get Eva to trust him. To open up to him. And oh, man, was there chemistry between these two! Sadie and Jax had a very sweet, passionate romance, Marcus and Low had a bit rockier, steamier relationship, but this.. This couple sets a whole new level of boiling hot chemistry and steaminess in Abbi's novels. I, personally, can't wait to get my hands on Just for Now (Sea Breeze #4).

There were very few things I didn't like, e.g. there were some scenes where I literally wanted to slap either Cage or Eva for being so incredibly dumb or naive, but overall, it was the strongest and best I've read by Abbi Glines. I'm glad that there'll be more in this series, it's really entertaining and the characters are extremely relateable.

“You see somethin' ya want, baby?"
"Maybe. I'm checking things out. Seeing if I'm interested," I shot back with my own evil grin.
"I see something I want," he drawled as he came toward me.
"You do?"
"Hell yeah, I do," he murmured. "I love chocolate."

What? My excitement turned to confusion. His arm reached out beside me and took the piece of chocolate cake I'd brought him.

Oh, and it's great that characters from previous books visit in this one as they did in Because of Low and we get to see how they're doing without having the need to write another book about them.