lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Finale - Becca Fitzpatrick Actual rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

I’m aware that there are some people out there who think angel books are ridiculous and a complete joke and I know some people don’t like that this series is one of the most known of them. I, on the other hand, fell in love with these characters and this world in Hush Hush and even though I was disappointed with Crescendo, I didn’t give up. I really enjoyed Silence, and Finale – it was the best by Ms. Becca Fitzpatrick to date!

“As in, I wouldn't know normal if it marched up and poked me in the eye.”

I wanted to drag this on longer than I did, because it’s the final book, final chance to spend time with Nora, Patch, Scott and Vee. I didn’t think I would enjoy it that much, I honestly didn’t. From the very first page, it kept me captivated by its pages filled with action, tension and chemistry. There were about two or three times Nora brought out a tinge of annoyance, other than that, she really became her own in this book. I was surprised by some reveals and I found myself not wanting it to end. I literally counted pages in fear after I realized I had only a quarter left to read.

As for the characters, like I said, Nora became her own – she becomes this warrior princess fighting for her race and survival, for her future with Patch, for herself. Patch – my sexy, sexy fallen angel. I adore, admire and love you without limits. He, too, has come a long way from the first time we met him – he is still arrogant and confident, but also sweet, considerate and passionate. Angel has never sounded so good coming from his mouth. Vee and Scott were great, Marcie was a bit unusual, but not so far out of her element. There were some new characters, but they all fit the story well. There was one thing I didn’t like though and that’s the part what follows after Nora talks to Vee in her room. That solution felt way too convenient.

I really do think it’s the best by Becca so far. I cried for the first time in this series. I smiled and laughed, I felt joy and terrible sadness. I hoped. I think it was the perfect finale for this beautiful saga and now I’m going to need to purchase the first three for myself in physical copies too so I can re-read them whenever I feel like it. It’s bittersweet for me, but I’m happy. I’m happy the way it ended and it couldn’t have been any better in my opinion. Now, if only I could find myself this happy when I finally finish Rapture by Lauren Kate… That's a story for another time, lovelies.

More of my reviews can be found on my blog.