lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin I am speechless. A good speechless I think. I have so many questions. Huh? What? Why? How? Where? When? Who? I don’t think I can wrap my head around everything that happened right this very moment, because so many things happened and I need time to figure out what exactly happened and how I feel about it.

“Everyone is a little crazy. The only difference between us and them is that they hide it better.”

The Evolution of Mara Dyer is even more twisted than the first book. I found myself tiptoeing around every incidence, because since we know Mara isn’t a reliable source of information nor are her thoughts unbiased, I didn’t know if any of it was real or not. It was so hard to trust Mara and her actions. I also became to doubt Noah and his sanity. Oh, and those help me help me help me writings were creepy. So was practically everything else in this book. I know, I’m a baby when it comes to this, because I’m afraid of everything, but it was freaky: the birds, the cats, that doll – yuck.

Okay, so you know that surprise which was at the very end on that video? I had a feeling that one was bad news, but I didn't know how it all fits into this enormous puzzle. I’m glad that some of my questions were answered, but when they did, the more questions I had. This book seemed to have a Pretty Little Liars syndrome. Oh, by the way, if I may ask, who else was freaked out by Phoebe? She was a nutcase. As for predictability, I am used to having theories, but I didn’t have that many with this book and it was surprisingly awesome to be clueless.

I didn’t necessarily love this book, but I really, really enjoyed it and it was a nice distraction from my uncooperative PC which was basically driving me nuts for two days and still does. I want my questions answered and that mind-fuckery solved. Why is the third book so far away? I need it bad. This wait is going to be painful. All I can say based on that ending is: “you get ‘em, Tiger!”

More of my reviews can be found on my blog.