lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker The hype around this one is so enormous that it’s hard not to raise the bar high for one’s expectations and it’s hard to surpass them once they’re sky high. I had these kind of hopes and luckily I was mostly rewarded with satisfactory feelings and K.A. Tucker is now one of the authors I want to explore more of.

“Just breathe. Ten tiny breaths … Seize them. Feel them. Love them.”

What I adored the most about this book was that it was divided into the stages of grief. No LOL moments for me in particular, but smirks, butterflies and tears were a part of my reading experience regarding Ten Tiny Breaths. I adored Trent as a hero and his patience was remarkable! He was a good sport in getting Kacey to get to know him and pick her interest. Did I mention sexy already? Yup, he was sexy alright! The physical scenes were very realistic. This book had just the amount of racy and swoon-worthy scenes to make me want more, but be happy about the ones we did get.

Oh, I even got a rocket-scientist moment: as soon as I “saw” Trent’s tattoo, I knew!!! It was still good to have confirmation further on though. I liked that the novel itself didn’t go overboard with the story nor was it prettified for us. The plot was raw and emotional. The only thing I didn’t enjoy was that Kacey is a hard character to connect with. She doesn't let anybody inside and being inside her head often felt calculated and cold rather than curious, warm and fun. Her sister Livie is much more relatable and since Kacey is emotionally so closed off, it makes the road to brake her walls so much more harder for us.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed it very much, but as it often is with hype books, it can sometimes ruin the experience for a reader. Don’t get me wrong, it was a fantastic book, but it didn’t stand out to me as much as I would have hoped. Nonetheless, I’d recommend this one in a heartbeat and I hope you’ll all get around reading it:)

More of my reviews can be found on my blog.