lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) - Samantha Young Yet another contemporary that has bloggers and readers all around the world raving about its greatness. I was intrigued to say the least. I had only read one book that took place in Scotland and I wasn’t impressed. I was reluctant to start this one because of it, but had high hopes for a much loved contemporary book and I can say that Samantha Young didn’t disappoint.

"Babe, nice lingerie is for seducing a man. I'm already fucking seduced."

The story. I’m not entirely sure what I expected before going into this, but I can tell you that it wasn’t that. I thought I was going to read about a sexy vacation in Scotland with a bar owner or something. Pardon me, I read the synopsis a long time ago. Color me surprised when I met an orphan escaping feelings and love and finding them in the most unexpected places. A snarky heroine, a wealthy and very sexy hero and a brilliant best friend – that’s what Ms. Young had in store for me.

My emotions. The best part of this story was the first half which was full of sarcasm, chemistry and laughter. That last one especially on my part. I was really, really blown away. I didn’t fancy the part where Joss went on and on about how she couldn’t be with Braden at the end of the story though. I don’t think it’s a spoiler since we all knew it was coming since the very beginning. Yup, that’s the reason I won’t give this book 5 stars.

Let’s talk about why I will give it 4 stars though. I loved, loved, loved the love interest Braden. I liked the MC Joss a lot through the first half as well. I also adored Braden’s family, best friend Adam and of course – Braden's sister Ellie! How could I not love that bright girl with so much life in her. Her relationship with Joss was very well written and I guess the characters were what made the story for me. The plot moved on well, if you don’t consider the last 30%. Oh, and I was glad it wasn’t dual POV. It suited for Joss’ POV only and would have been very tiring to read in both POVs.

I was thoroughly entertained by this novel and the chemistry between Braden and Joss was undeniable, the relationships were awesome and the plot was well-paced. (I would have given it 5 stars without hesitation if the ending wasn't a little tiring for me.) If you value these positive qualities listed above, then by any means, pick this up! PS. Read the quote above and you get why Braden is the newest addition to my book boyfriends list.