lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1) - C.M. Stunich Ok, so I don't know how to rate this one. I somewhat enjoyed it, but I skimmed parts of it since I wasn't that interested at the beginning. Then when I decided I'd DNF it, BAM something finally happens and things got interesting. If it wasn't for names under chapter signs, I wouldn't have known whose POV I was reading since the MCs were both written in such a similar tone -- angry, violent and completely wacko. The characters weren't all that alluring for me. I can see the appeal though -- broken rockstars, shattered pasts, redemption and all that jazz.

However, some of the revelations I did, in fact, enjoy. I liked the whole mystery element to it as well and let's just say that I have a feeling who was behind the thing that happened at the end. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Anyhow, there is a HUGE cliff hanger so if you despise them like I do, don't read this one before the sequel is out. I probably wouldn't have picked the sequel up, but now I'm intrigued since the cliff hanger was very unexpected. At least the author had the decency to apologize for it and all that's left to say is that the sequel better be worth my time then.