lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn We all know how talented Jen is and I have seen very few reviews that didn’t have great words to say about Wait for You so naturally I was excited to jump into this. I did get a lot of awesome things from this novel, but I can’t say I’m totally obsessed with this book. Let me break it down for you in detail.

“As long as the sun’s shining, shit can’t be that bad.”

The story. Avery is a 19 year-old freshman in college and on the first day of school she runs into this gorgeous guy Cameron. Let’s just say that this isn’t the last time these two meet unexpectedly. Soon they are forced to spend time together and so the unlikely friendship begins and maybe, just maybe it’ll blossom into something more. Only if Avery is able to let go of her past and move forward.

My thoughts. I did very much enjoy the banter between Avery and Cameron and even though at first I didn’t feel their chemistry (it may have been from lack of sleep), the more I spent time with them, the more I felt their attraction towards each other. I also liked Avery’s new friends Brittany and Jacob as well as Cam’s roommate Ollie and their friend Jase. What I also liked was how Jen managed to write the book as an evolving piece which took its time and didn’t rush into the L-bomb or anything near that before it was actually time. It felt organic.

Now.. What I didn’t like. There wasn’t much, I can’t really pinpoint out the exact moment I realized that it wasn’t that original of a story. Maybe it’s not supposed to be. Jen’s writing makes up for the lack of originality, but at the same time, I’m a contemporary lover and perhaps it’s due to the fact that I have read so many New Adult books lately that they all melt a little together for me. Nothing except for Cam – being a great guy, not a mysterious, haunted, broken man – stood out for me. And I wasn’t a fan of his at the beginning either. He just kinda grew on me.

All in all, I did enjoy Wait for Me and I’m looking forward to spending time with the other characters in addition to Cam and Avery in the following sequels. I hope that they’ll all be as good as Wait for You if not even better since I have faith that Jen can pull something more original out of the bag. Perhaps my issue with this one was the lack of originality due to having read many similar books, but hey – Jen’s writing is awesome and if you’re a fan of New Adult and contemporary at that, then I advise you to check this baby out.

More of my reviews can be found my blog.