lpofimagination

Little Pieces of Imagination

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) - Jennifer Estep This one was basically Owen and Eva's story as we get to know the sister-brother duo and their past a little better. Their past comes to haunt them with a plan of revenge and it's Gin's job to clean up the mess as always, even if she'd prefer to stay as far away from it as humanly (or elemntaly) possible.

Loved all secondary characters exept for Owen. I get where he's coming from, but when a psycho tries to murder your beloved ones as well as hurt innocent people who have even looked at her the wrong way, she's clearly too far gone for any redemption. I do, I DO understand his motives to protect the psycho (lol, this sentence is sooo weird, don't turn too much attention to it :)), but enough is enough and he knows it. I have no idea how he'll redeem himself if ever, but Jenny read book #9 and told me that he is climbing his way back to Gin little by little.

As for the progress of the whole series, it was a decent book. The plot idea ruined it for me though hence the three stars. By the way, is it just me or have the elemental fighting scenes gotten better and better? Probably me, but I have come to enjoy those.